Caring for your Polymer Clay Earrings
Polymer clay is strong and durable, however it is also porous and easily marked. Good care needs to be taken with your earrings, or they will break, particularly with the more fragile designs. In addition, you may find that over time, make-up may stain the earrings and dust may be found on the surface. To clean the polymer clay earrings, simply use a piece of moist soft fabric and wipe it gently. You may also use a tooth brush with a soft bristle to remove dirt and dust on the earrings.
To ensure their long life, treat your polymer clay earrings as you would any other piece of loved jewellery. We recommend the following:
- avoid wearing the earrings when applying perfume, deodorant and hairspray, put your earrings on last!
- remove your earrings when showering or going into the pool/water
- avoid dropping your earrings - the impact may damage or break your earrings
- do not apply pressure to the earrings as they make break - they love to be treated gently!
- when not in use, store them in a container to avoid scratches from sharp objects
- do not store in high temperatures (eg inside a car) as they may soften and warp
Caring For Your Resin Earrings, Resin Bangles and Acrylic Earrings
Resin and acrylic are hard-wearing, however they not indestructible and should be treated with care. Like ceramic, they can break if dropped or knocked against a hard surface. To keep your resin and acrylic pieces looking their best, we recommend the following:
- Remove your jewellery when:
- showering or swimming - resin is water resistant, but not water proof.
- applying perfume or hairspray - apply your beauty products first, then put on your earrings and bangles.
- Do not expose to extreme heat. For example, leaving them in a hot car can cause your earrings to soften or warp.
- Do not store or leave in direct sunlight, as your jewellery will yellow and fade.